Skip To Content

    Red Bank Real Estate

    Red Bank was originally known as “Pleasant Hill”. When a post office was established in the community in 1881, however, it was asked to adopt a new name, since the name “Pleasant Hill” was already taken. The name “Red Bank” was chosen by the wife of the first postmaster, George Hartman. It was inspired by the red clay ridge that was visible from a window in her house. In 1955, the communities of Red Bank and White Oak incorporated as a single town called “Red Bank-White Oak”. In 1966, the city voted to drop the “White Oak” for simplification purposes.

    Red Bank is a city of 11,651 people geographically surrounded by the City of Chattanooga in Hamilton County, Tennessee. Located within ten minutes of downtown Chattanooga it is conveniently located near a large retail center, quality health care facilities, higher education institutions, fine dining, and a metropolitan airport, Interstates 24 and 75 and US 27.

     

    Top Neighborhoods