Set the mood for summer with design tips from expert Abby Thompson! Abby shows the latest in home decor tips and trends and how you can put a new “spin” on your living space this summer!
SUMMER DÉCOR TIPS:
Paint trends: First I wanted to start off with the basis of any room design – color. This year, a big trend in the home color palette is the usage of greys. It is not uncommon to see homeowners painting every room in their house this color, it is in every magazine and every Pinterest pin – people are going wild about it. Versions of grey and adding in a tint of blue or blue undertones are a good way to brighten up your home for the summer and give your space a cool and airy ambiance.
• Blues are shown to have a calming effect, so for our display, we’ve created a mood board showing a few light versions of this trend. First, we have this off-white that can be used for trimming and added in this light grey that can be used on the main walls
• For smaller areas we suggest adding in a darker version of the grey or choosing a light turquoise blue. Vibrant accents such as the complementing teal or sea blue or the contrasting
sunshine yellow are a nice surprise – these colors evoke a little bit of the beach, which is perfect for summertime.
• If you are unsure about a color, we advise getting a few tester quarts (or you can even purchase smaller containers) and trying it out next to each other like we’ve done here on your wall at home.
Hunter Fans in your home: The next thing to do once you’ve picked out your base, your color palette and paint, is to choose the focal point of your space. Ceiling fans should be at the top of mind when styling your home for the summer. They also continue to compliment your home all year round.
• Inspiring homeowners and trusted since 1886 (That’s 130 year’s this year!) and Hunter’s new product launch debuting this summer, there are a ton of new designs to choose from.
• Going back to our mood board or idea board here, we’ve shown a great example of one of our new designs that would go along quite nicely with our color scheme. The Sentinel is cool neutral and adds a modern rustic touch to the space.
• We also have this example on our Hunter Pinterest board, this fan, called the Signal, is also a very similar rustic modern feel as well. It’s also a Wifi Apple HomeKit smart fan – adding in a little smart tech to your home can help you keep that summer relaxation
• Some of the cool truths about these fans are that they will not only last for the summer – but their timeless design and quality ensures that they will be whisper quiet, not make that awful wobbling sound and they will work for your home for years to come.