With thousands of residents without power Tuesday, here are some tips on how to stay warm.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed tight so that no exterior air is getting inside.
- Block any areas where a draft could enter with a towel or blanket.
- Cover windows with blinds or curtain to insulate and reduce heat loss.
- Consider moving to the basement because the insulating quality of the ground is warmer, especially when there are high winds outside.
- Burn a fire in a wood stove or fireplace if it is available.
- Run a hot bath.
- Be sure and move everyone to one room to help conserve the heat.
FULL STORY HERE