Using light curtains or lace curtains and proper lighting at home can make your decor pretty and bright on a dull and gloomy rainy day, says an expert.
Interior designer Monica Kamal, managing director, MKC has shared decor tips for the monsoon:
* Add brightness to your decor. Go for furnishings, curtain and cushions in bright and vibrant hues. It will add a positive aura.
* Use light curtains or lace curtains as it will give a pleasant look and will allow sufficient amount of light to enter the room.
* Make sure you place some candles and mild fragrances to evade the moist smell away from your home. Keep them handy on your coffee tables or side tables, so that you can light them up in the evenings. Also, monsoon means more power cuts. This can be tackled by aromatic candles that will serve both the purpose.
* Proper lighting can make a whole lot of difference. Make sure that the house is well-lit. Change of white to yellow lights can also be effected as yellow brings a warmer look inside.
* Bring in some greenery to lend freshness to interiors. You can also use plastic plants to decorate your interiors. Use fresh flower decorations for your living room and other places of the home to refresh the air.
READ MORE HERE