Spring has officially started. Everybody is excited, you can see all the colors on all parts of the town. Like they said, In like a lion, out like a lamb. Let’s hope so!
At The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group, we can back up that claim: we’ve had our own share of “March Madness” in real estate! It’s been a particularly busy March. We’ve listed several homes this month – throughout our Delaware Beach towns – that went under contract within days of hitting the market.
If you are thinking about buying OR selling, now is a great time. Our local real estate market is heating up with the weather.
If you are trying to sell your home, now’s also a great time to take an objective look at your home – inside and out – and get ready for this warming real estate interest. Daffodils are popping up! Still, winter makes ‘curb appeal’ – that first impression of a home’s exterior – a little bit of a challenge.
So whether you are a seller (or even a prospective buyer), here are a few details to notice and consider. Most of these tips are inexpensive but pay off big.
- Clear up sticks in your yard
- Make sure paths to the front door are clear
- Clip back beach grass and shrubs – even leafless landscaping can look neat with a “fresh haircut”
- Rake over flower beds
- Power wash mildew on siding, fencing, outside showers, etc.
- Replace mailbox and house numbers if yours are oxidized or dated
- Consider replacing exterior storm doors if they are dated
- Put a few potted plants at your entrance (tulips and daffodils are back!)
- Make sure exterior lights are in good shape