I love walking around the neighborhood. I enjoy looking at all the homes and envying all the superior gardeners out there, and watching some renovations transpire.
There are some really beautifully designed and attended to lawns and exteriors. The exterior of our homes is one area that can easily be overlooked and not given the attention necessary to create a visually appealing first impression.
Here are a few tips to help you better the exterior appearance of your home:
• Clean up your garden beds. If you are an avid gardener, do not shy away from a great collection of annuals and or perennials in colours that complement your exterior colours. If your thumb is not so green, select perennial shrubs and plants that do not require as much care.
• Potted plants can add drama and softness to porches, patios and walkways. Select pots that are all the same colour and flower colours that work well with your exterior colours. A great collection of potted plants provides a great welcome at any door.
• Clean off your porch and sidewalk surfaces. A quick power-wash will clean up the dust and debris from important areas of your home. A weekly clean really helps to make your home look fresh and cared for.
• Touch up and/or change trim colours to add some unity or just to freshen up the appearance of your house from the outside. Maybe add shutters to add visual appeal.
• Accessorize: Visit some better home and garden stores and look at some of the great new options for beautiful address plates, mailboxes and even new front door
FULL STORY HERE