Eggshell planters – This simple project will give anyone green fingers by re-purposing kitchen waste and growing something from scratch.
Eggshells are made up almost entirely of calcium carbonate, a superfood for plants, so the planter doubles up as plant food.
You will need:
Organic free-range eggshells
Potting soil & spoon
Seeds of your choice
1. Crack the top of the egg carefully with a sharp knife, to empty out the egg.
2. Rinse the eggshells with cold water, then place in boiling water for a minute to kill off any lingering bacteria.
3. Using a pin, add a drainage hole (approx. 2mm diameter) to the base of shell, taking care not to crack the whole shell. 4. Using a teaspoon,
half fill the eggshell with moist potting soil.
5. Add seeds and plant according to sowing guidelines on seeds packet.
6. Cover the seeds with more moist potting soil.
FULL STORY HERE