When it comes to creating the perfect decor for setting the mood in your bedroom, it doesn’t have to be about spending lots of money, but creating a soothing and calming atmosphere that reflects your personality and creates the ideal oasis with some sensual pizzazz.
When it comes to creating the perfect boudoir, here are my top 10 Design Recipe tips:
1. Purchase a good quality mattress, then add a featherbed on top. There is nothing like sleeping on down!
2. Select neutral bedding. It will serve as the perfect blank slate in order for you to build a bedroom color palette. After selecting your bedding, add color and texture through your artwork and accessories.
3. Buy affordable toss pillows. Toss pillows will provide you with an affordable way to update the look of your bedroom, quickly and easily. Think about swapping out toss pillows seasonally for a fresh new look.
4. Dress the top of bed with the bedding of your choice. I say the more toss pillows the better. If you’re a woman, think fun, funky patterns to contrast with your duvet set, and don’t be afraid to toss in some beaded pillows or ones that are furry or with a tassel or two! For men, go bold and rich with your colors and try to incorporate interesting graphic patterns.
5. Invest in great sheets. I prefer cotton sateen with 400-thread count that include a creative embroidery or decorative border pattern, which look beautiful when making the bed, folded back.