Travel with pets safely in your Clermont Toyota
Road trips are exciting to plan for and fun to go on, especially when you’re bringing your entire family. However, no family road trip is complete without your pets, right? If you’re bringing your pets on your road trip this summer, it’s important that they are ready and so is your car. Before you load your pets in your Clermont Toyota for a trip, make sure you’ve properly prepared!
Prep your Clermont Toyota for pets
Your pups and kitties may not do it on purpose, but they can end up damaging the interior of your Clermont Toyota with their nails, noses, and pet-related messes! Instead of ruining the cabin of your car, you should stop by our Toyota Parts Center and pick up a few items to protect your car, like:
- Seat covers – protect your seats from scratches, rips or holes, as well as dirt, drool, and hair!
- Pet barrier – keep Fluffy in the backseat and safe.
- Rubber floor mats –stop messes from happening on the floorboards of your Clermont Toyota.
- Running boards – instead of scratching your paint, have your pets use exterior running boards to climb into the car.
Prep your pet for road trips
Once your Clermont Toyota is ready, it’s important to make sure your pet is ready! If your pets have never been on a road trip before, you should make sure that they will be ready for a long time in the car. Prepping your pet for a road trip involves:
- Taking them for short drives. Before road trip day arrives, take your pet for drives around the block. This exercise will get them adjusted to the car and accustomed to driving. These short drives will prevent anxiety when they get in your Clermont Toyota for a road trip.
- Getting them in and out of the car. If your pets are small and get in the car themselves, it’s easy to lift them and put them in yourself. However, if your pets are large and you’re unable to pick them up, practice having your pet get in and out of the car. This will come in handy during rest stops on the road.
- Visiting the vet. Take a trip to the veterinarian’s office to confirm that your pet is clear for travel. This will help you rest easy while driving to a new and strange place with your four-legged friend.
- Exercising right before the trip. Start the road trip peacefully, by exercising your pet before you take off. Wear out your dog or cat, so they will rest and sleep when you get out on the road.
When it’s time to head out on the road, make sure you have everything you need to keep your pets safe and happy in you Clermont Toyota. On a road trip, your pets need:
- Collars, leashes, and harnesses
- Plastic bags/litter box
- Bed, blankets, and crate