As the fall and winter seasons slowly come to an end, it is time to ring in spring by moving the clocks forward one hour.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office suggests using the start of the season to conduct the following residential safety tips:
– Check the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
– Check your burglar alarm system sensors to make sure they are working properly.
– Update your personal information such as codes and passwords on all accounts, including your alarm company, online accounts, et cetera.
– Reset your timers for interior and exterior lighting.
– Check window and sliding glass door locks to ensure they are not worn out and are working well.
– Check and properly dispose of unused or expired medication by dropping off at your nearest LCSO substation or headquarters.
– Plan and practice a home escape in the event of an emergency. Be sure to designate a safe meeting place outside.
– Check the outside of your home to make sure shrubbery is not blocking your view from windows and entryways. Overgrown bushes attract burglars.